How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10227
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

Could you please advice me where I can find a reference list

Customer Question

Could you please advice me where I can find a reference list for Magistrate Courts fees?
I have just been fined £ 1600 for "driving without due care and attention" which seems totally out of proportion.
Thanks a lot?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 1 year ago.

Here are the definitive guidelines for the offence

and here is the scale of finesmaximums

the fine scales are maximum and the amounts imposed depend on the gravity of the offence.

And here are the bands for the offence so it depends what the example of nature of the activity was and what your income is as to what you would get fined.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Please rate the service positive. It’s an important part of the process by which experts get paid. It doesn’t cost you anything but helped me greatly. Best wishes.