How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I live with bees for the third month. Can I claim back half

This answer was rated:

I live with bees for the third month. Can I claim back half of my rent for not using that half of my flat? thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Landlord paid pest controller to use smoke bomb but not to remove the nest from chimney in the house. smoke bomb was used nearly 4 weeks ago, stills bees coming in. When reported no change to letting agent they never replied.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Are you sure it's bees and not wasps?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, yes, they are bees as the pest controller confirmed it.

do you have a number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ash, have you managed to see my number? I sent it twice.

Give me a moment. Ash

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the call back on this late time of the day. Kind regards

No problem, hope it helped.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well it was some help but I was thinking and I still have questions. I still don't quite understand if I have any chances to get my money back and what is exactly the procedure to ask compensation for not being able to use half of my flat and the stress it caused plus the cost of my moving that I didn't want to do. What is the legal way or the procedure for this? Can you help with any of this? Kind regards.

Thanks for the reply. You have some chance yes, the procedure is this:

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the answer. It is much clearer now what I need to do. Thank you Ash. Have a nice evening.

And you. All the best.