How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

A high court enforcement group officer called today claiming

This answer was rated:

A high court enforcement group officer called today claiming he can get a high court order to enter my home without my being there or without my permission, the disputed debt is with a credit union.
I thought that they cannot gain entrance to my private house without my consent, is that true.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Is this debt in your name or a company?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
personal, I am on benefits and have never had had any link with a business.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The collectors are from "High Court Enforcement Group", they post a letter through my box saying they were returning to the high court to get a write that would allow them to enter the premises. I believe that they have no such right as the enforcement is for loan company debt, not fines or penalties, not eviction.

Ok - they can't break in. They can get in through an open door or window, but they can't break in.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks that what i thought, but I also thought the new regulations did not allow entry through a window, but of course you cant trust them not too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there such a write that they are claiming that can apply for. Should I be complaining to some authority if their claim to get a right to enter is untrue.

Please see:

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had already visited that page, its just that their statement of returning to the court to get permission to enter has thrown me, perhaps that is their intent.

Indeed. They cant just enter.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your help, Im am confident of my stance

If I could invite you to rate my answer before you go today please, otherwise the site does not credit me for the time spent with you today. Thanks and good luck.

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you