How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35052
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I would like to know that I am renting a place from hyde

Customer Question

I would like to know that I am renting a place from hyde Housing my wife is the name on there housing list and I am here as a person that lives here I am the husband of this person I would like to know how I stand on being in this property if my wife shut me out
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Are you in England or Wales and are you certain that the tenancy is in her sole name?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 30 years.

Wherever you are you have Matrimonial Home Rights on the property and cannot be forced to leave your home unless there has been a Decree Absolute within divorce proceedings - or there is an Order based on violence.

Within any divorce proceedings the issue of which of you should remain in the property will have to be negotiated and either agreed between you or decided by the court

Please ask if you need further details