How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10974
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

Someone has damadged my car and has admitted it, but after

Customer Question

Someone has damadged my car and has admitted it, but after getting a quote for a repair he is now refusing to pay. The damage was caused by him falling against the car which he has admitted in front of witnesses. What can I do about this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Dear Neil, I regret to say that you will have to sue this person for the damage they have caused to your car. As this person did the damage personally, they will have no insurance to pay out on the damage to your car. I would suggest that as a first step, you get a solicitor to formally write a letter before action to this person to see if they reconsider their decision not to pay your damage claim. Then if they don't pay up at this stage, you should get the solicitor to issue legal proceedings against this person. Be aware that you can issue legal proceedings yourself. However, I would suggest you get a solicitor to handle it if there is any substantial damage, as it is often difficult to handle the issue and service of proceedings and their prosecution in court. Ultimately, you will be able to recoup the legal costs from this person as well.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.