How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34900
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am on a joint account with my Father-in-law so as to be

Customer Question

Good morning
I am on a joint account with my Father-in-law so as to be able to withdraw his pension whenever he needs it,
He has another Daughter who doesn't bother with him but she wants to know what's in his account. She is threatening to take us to court to find out.
My Father-in-law does not want her knowing.
She does not have power of attorney.
What can she do?
Kind regards
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you.

provided your father in law is fully mentally competetnt there is nothing whatsoever that this daughter can do.

However to protect you in the future I suggest that he arranges to sign a Lasting Power of Attorney as soon as posisble

Please ask if you need further details