How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have been renting a property for the past 4yrs ,and have

This answer was rated:

Good afternoon, I have been renting a property for the past 4yrs ,and have recently been informed by the local authority that the property can only be lived in for 10months in the year. I have been paying rent for 12months in the year .There has been multi agents that have worked for the landlord but not one of them has informed me of the 10 month occupancy. I wish to know what rights do I have as to reclaiming the overpayment that I have been paying. There is nothing on my tencey agreement be it 10 or 12 months .
and I have been lied to from the very start .I am one of 8 tenants and we have all been told the same.
Thank you. Rob

Hello Rob my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What type of property and rental agreement do you have please?

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delay in my response to your reply, the answer to your question is "short term tencey. Regards Robert,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am I going to get a reply ?????
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You have 48 hours to reply !!! If not then kindly give my money back Mr R ******

Hello I am Jamie and I can help

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jamie I don't understand what you are saying here !!! This does not seem to relate to my question at all ??? Robert

It does, I am only paid if you click happy stars, could you please do that for me? Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No ........ Ansaw my question and I will ..... And as regards ***** ***** ratings !!! I will rate you as I see fit to do so ??