How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Applying in England for a European Order for Payment against

This answer was rated:

Hi, applying in England for a European Order for Payment against a German resident individual
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I don't know, can you give me an idea what else you might need from me?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you have a UK CCJ, just so I understand?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I don't have a CCJ, no. I have a series of promissory notes for an aggregate amount of €100,000 plus 10% interest pa for over 7 years (so in the region of €190,000 total claim).I have completed an EOP application form A and sent it to the High Court in London, who returned it to me as the principal amount claimed is under £100,000 (the EOP form doesn't permit me to specify an amount of interest claimed, just a rate and the period).I am now trying to understand whether I need to fill in a claim form N1 and lodge it together with the EOP application form at the Central London County Court, and what the court fees might be (I believe these are 5% of the claimed amount), or whether I simply send the form and the fees to the CC.

Do you have a CCJ or the same in Germany?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, I do not have any judgment in Germany - I have promissory notes that are repayable on demand, and demand has been made under each of them.

Ok - then in reality you need a CCJ first.

So yes you need to issue using form N1:

Then once you get Judgment you can enforce it using the EEO route.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thanks for that - if you could confirm the level of fees as well, that'd be great - at 5%, if I'm no mistaken, they seem on the high side for a "simple" application.

5% - yes.

Those are the charges sadly by the Court service.

Does that clarify?

Ash and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** 5 stars!