How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

Mesher orders Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more

Customer Question

Mesher orders
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I am a single father, living in the FMH. My children have left and the time to pay off their mother is imminent.
The mother is Japanese, and unbeknown to me, and undeclared in her Financial Statement (Form E, I believe) she was less than honest. It now turns out that she had a business interest in Japan that she failed to include (and which she had kept from me throughout our marriage.
The evidence I have is very circumstantial, but hinges around her ability to be able to finance an extension on the house she bought with her new partner, and purchase new vehicles for both of them within 2 years of the order (2005).
I acknowledge that it is unlikely that I can do anything, but am obviously unhappy at having to give her money that is not due to her. Is there any way I can proceed
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Please could you attach a copy of the final court order using the paperclip icon?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only have it in hard copy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything specifically you need to look at?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first.

What was the overall division of the (declared) assets?

Was the Order made by Consent or after a full fought hearing?

What percentage of the equity do you have to pay her?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare; the overall division was that I retained 66% of the value of the house. This was the basis for the calculation. I gave her K25 up front and have to give her an amount which is calculated based on how much I receive for the house. With deductions (outstanding mortgage, and value added from a loft conversion I carried out) this will be in the region of K37; assuming I get around K285.
My actual question is to do with the fact that my ex appears to have concealed a source of income which was in Japan; namely that she had a business interest. The only evidence I have is an email from the Chamber of Commerce in her home town who conducted an informal investigation, but were able to indicate that she was a partner in a business which her sister continued to run
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I am aware of the question - but do need to know

Was the Order made by Consent or after a full fought hearing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was made after a full hearing
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

How long were you living together?