How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35071
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Please find attached a copy of the form A you advised us to

This answer was rated:

Hi Harris,please find attached a copy of the form A you advised us to send to court for my brother, we have sent it in, we went to mediation as you advised, obtained a confirmation letter from them to attached it with the form A, court has sent it back saying we haven't ticked the correct box on front page, there are no children, no assets, no pensions, all we wanted was a clean break order so that she can't come after him in anytime in the future. can you please take a look and tell us which box needs to be ticked. Thank you

Thank you. As you have indicated that you wish to have a clean break, you must tick the "consent order" section on the first page and enclose a consent order and each party has to complete a D81 form which I previously stated in my other response.

The court will not process a clean break unless it is agreed by both parties, together with a consent order and fully completed D81 forms.

A consent order is not a straightforward document and I would suggest that you approach a local firm of solicitors to assist in drafting and finalising this document.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

My name is ***** ***** I have been a solicitor for more than 30 years.

I have checked your earlier contact and note that in fact there IS no agreement and that that is why the application is being made.

If there is a real risk of a future applictaion then you will need to tick a selection of the boxes on the front page

You should tick the ones that refer to

A secured provision order

a lump sum order


a periodical payment order

I hope that this is of assistance

Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35071
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare, Thank you that was very helpful, I will give you a 5 star rating for this answer as it concise and exactly what I wanted to know, I have one question relating to this, do I need to send a D81 form with the form A application?Thank you

NO - that would only have to be sent if you had a Consent Order

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Clare thank you so much. I will definitely use you again. 5 Stars well deserved!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare,we would like to know if you were to take on the case for my brothers financial order, how much would you charge please, we have submitted the application as per your instructions, but the judge has decided to call a hearing before he decides. If you can assist what are the likely costs please.Thank youArshad Nawaz

We are not allowed to have contact outside of the website I am afraid.

Do you mean that you have been given the timetable for the hearing - with details of what documents have to be served and when?