How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have been married to my wife for almost 18 yrs. We live in

Customer Question

Hi. I have been married to my wife for almost 18 yrs. We live in a housing association house and her name only is on the tenancy. This is because 11yrs ago I left her for 6-7 months and left the home and put her name on the tenancy so she could get housing benifit cause she was part time. Since we got back together we moved into the house we in now we have been here for about 8 yrs and I paid all the bills and rent and food shop from day one. Three months ago she decided that she don't want to b with me any more and said she wanted me to move out as the house is in her name. I should say that we have 2 kids daughter 16 and a son 12. My daughter wants to live with her mum and my son wants to live with me. I seeked some legal advice and was told not to move out as it's a maritial home. We are now still living together but she really wants me our. I earn 28K plus if I do overtime and she earns 21K. She thinks that if we go to court I will b made to leave as I can afford to privatell rent but I have done my sums and if she stayed in the house she would only have £140 left of her wages after paying bills not including food. I would have 6-8 hundred left. My question is how much of a chance would I have of staying in the house with my son as I still pay the rent and food. We now split the bills plus I am of work for a week and she is staying with her sister while I on leave.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How many bedrooms does the property have?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's a three bed