How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I'm from México and opened an account at They

This answer was rated:

I'm from México and opened an account at
They usted to take my money in seconds (literally) from my credit card and their politics state that whidrawal should take place 10 days.
One day after the Brexit, I've asked to close my account and send my funds back.
At the begining, they called and answer my emails, now I can't login to my account and no money or emails return.
Is there something I can do?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

How much have you lost please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2,177 dolars

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

You should be able to bring a claim even though you are outside of the UK

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you have bad experiencies reported with Plustocks? If they are scamers, and as you just wrote (I lost my money) I dont see the point on going forward!

There are several online reports that they have failed to return money.

I can only advise you what the law is, it is a matter for you whether you pursue it.

It might be worth just issuing the claim and see if there is any response.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does!
So, I need to send a write letter to their offices? Im not clear to where exactly, they uses several addreses and phone numbers that never answer



210 Shepherds Bush Road,



W6 7NJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
Tried the links you provide above and only was able to open

This does work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this one does open!
If after 14 days I got not answer, and decide to file a case.
How longer does your system take to solve claims like this? An average on weeks, months or years will be handy
Will be any cost for me? Even when youmentioned no legal representation is needed for small claims

If they dont reply to the claim it will take 2 weeks to get Judgment.

yes there is a cost to the service.

Its £105 to issue the claim.

You dont need representation and the website is a Government website.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Great Ash,
Judgment take more time? Or once it take place I got a quick resolution?
Expenses dont seem high, considering what I can get back.
I dont need to attend court at UK, right? Traveling from México is very expensive!

It can be quick. If the matter is defended you may have to travel to the UK, unless you want the Judge to decide the case on the papers

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I did not understand the last part.
Makes no benefit for me to expend the same amount of money On the trip to get refund.
If I file a case, can I consider all associated expenses?

Yes you can.

So if you have to travel to the UK and win, you can claim that cost

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I ask the Judge to proceed On papers and request that such scam company close?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right after I mentioned to legally proceed on my emails, I was not able to login my account at Plustocks, so they may be aware of consecuences

The Judge wont close the company but can order your money is returned.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I decide to file the claim, would it affect my tourist record? I mean, can I be considered as not wanted visitor at your country?

It makes no difference whatsoever coming to the UK

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you!
Let me think for any other questions...

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can rate you after this final question!
How are my chances to get my money back? Below 50% is not worth it the extra time I think

Its hard to say, you may get Judgment and they might not have any money.

So you get a Judgment on paper and that is it. You dont get your money

It is very hard to say. Can I clarify anything else?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unbelivable How this companies persist!!
No more for now, Thank you