How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32177
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I had 21% of my occupational pension given to my ex husband.

Customer Question

I had 21% of my occupational pension given to my ex husband. My state pension is reduced by my contracted out deduction of over £60 per week.
My ex husband pays nothing towards the contracted out deduction and my occupational pension manager states there is no law that stated he has to pay a part of the contracted out deduction . I am therefore getting less per week than he is when this pension share is supposed to be a fifty share
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

When was the Order made - and was it made by Consent?