How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I think I have a medical negligence claim

Customer Question

I think I have a medical negligence claim
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
August 2015. admitted Hospital
CT scan shows enlarged Prostate and lots of kidney stones
medication given for Prostate to help me pee better
Approx May 2016. admitted to Hospital for a heart Prob. while waiting for Ambulance in my gp surgury the doc said Did I ever get followed up from August 2015 which was on the system
so he wrote urgent letter to hospital which was not responded to
June 2016. I was in severe pain from Kidney stone so I followed all this up and yes you guessed I passed an enormous stone
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Have you had a second opinion yet as whether or not it should have been diagnosed otherwise?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to have some procedure on my kidneysYes had 2 letters from them and second letter they admit they were wrong
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know when that procedure is going to be but today I have kidney pain again and will have to some morphine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to be clear they have admitted me in the letter that it should have been dealt with much sooner
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - then if there is an admission of liability then it seems like you have a case.

You should go and see a no win no fee medical negligence solicitor.

They can start and bring a claim on your behalf to get the compensation you deserve.

There are plenty out there if you google them:

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought I might have case thanks just was checking
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes I think you do based on what you have said.

Can I help with anything else today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
May keep you handy for a while to see what response I get from them
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Sure. If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. The question does not close and you can come back to it at any time. Thanks in advance and good luck.