How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am body repair garage in sidcup blacken I have recently

This answer was rated:

Hi I am body repair garage in sidcup blacken I have recently completed a repair to a customers van with a price agreed ,as we completed repairs we had a call from a lease company saying they need to pick van up as customer has not paid his rental .The customer said he would pay me and to release van ,I was advised that legally the van is theirs so reluctantly released it .The customer has now blocked my calls Ido have numerous messages on my phone from him promising to pay but hasn't been a month since he blocked me ..where do I stand thanks Richard

Hello Richard my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear, you have a contract with the customer for repair?
But the lease company have just asked you not to release as he has outstanding payments?
Have I understood this correctly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ash no lease company have taken van back as customer hasn't paid them either ! So they have it back all repaired and now customer is avoiding me to pay as I said I have messages on my phone to pay me but as mentioned been blocked .i have his name and adress.yes I had an agreement with him to repair van rgds Richard

You need to write to your customer and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks what would be likely outcome and cost approx to me if it goes to court rgds rich

County Court costs are here:

But I think you have a decent claim
Does that help?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks one last question do I send him the invoice with a letter or just a letter wither amount owed thanks for your help rich

Just a warning letter is fine Rich.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you