How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I have made a loan of 3,000 pounds to a woman, it is money

This answer was rated:

I have made a loan of 3,000 pounds to a woman, it is money that I need.
The loan (from last NOV should be paid at a minimum of 200 pounds per month.
The woman has paid 450 pounds so far and will no longer answer my attempts to contact here.
I have no money to pursue this matter.
Please can you advise me as to what I can do?.
ps:- I have a signed paper with her signature, my own and that of a witness.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Does this lady have any assets such as property etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She lives in a house but I do not know if she owns it.
She keeps saying she will pay in full next week and six times she has told me she has set up a direct debit only for me to find it to be another lie.
I am at my wits end, I was only trying to help her.

You need to write and set out your losses and request full payment within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That is most helpful, can I make further contact with yourself free if needed (paid £38).
Thank you for your time,

Sure. If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. The question does not close and you can come back to it. Thanks in advance and good luck.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The service is very helpful, I will recommend you to others.
Thank you.

Thanks, ***** ***** to rate. Thanks!

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you