How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

My Grand son is 12 years old(DOB 18/08/2004) and

This answer was rated:

Good Morning,
My Grand son is 12 years old(DOB 18/08/2004) and granddaughter is 11 years (DOB 27/08/2005, both are living with us since they wore born. Now mother of my grandchildren has got married 2 weeks & planning to move to Birmingham. We provided every thing for them from food to clothes, from toys/presents to paying for their school meal, giving private turions to laptop, computer, Ipad etc. We are upset that we are going to loose them for ever. Please help us to stop them going with their mother.

Hi, thanks for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Where do you live?

-What have the arrangements been for the mother to see them to date?

-Are there any court orders in place, if so what?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Harris,
We Live in Ilford, Essex post code is IG6 1BH, Mother was living at a Redbride Council property until February 2016, Although her house is just 2 miles away from my house, but my grandchildren are love to stay with us because we look after them as Prince & Princess in our house. Her house was so filthy thus she was sleeping at her mother;s house again about 4 miles away. Since Feb 2016, she has been living with us. There is no Court Orders or anything so far. My worry is that my granddaughter will be age attain soon, doesn't want to live with an outsider, fear he might harm her or take my granddaughter to Pakistan to get marry for money as you may have heard many pakistanis do like this. We are hindus but my son (father of my grandchildren) is hindu but she is muslim. At the beginning she lied to me that she is an indian muslim because my son must have told her that I have pakistanis. As soon as she put her foot firmly in my house she started to take the children to Mosques/ arabic lessons. I told her via my son, let them decide their religion when they grow bot older BUT this horrible/nasty woman did everything against us.

Thank you for confirming. Given the issues you raise and the fact that you have brought up the children since birth you would have grounds to pursue an application for a child arrangement order (for residence). You can do this using form C100 and a £215 court fee. As you would not have parental responsibility you would first need permission from the court which is done on the same application and it is likely you would obtain permission given your heavy involvement. Furthermore, you may wish to apply for a prohibited steps order to prevent her leaving the UK with the children given the concerns you have raised.

Initially you should be making a referral to an independent mediator (you can find local ones here: The mediator will assist you both in reaching an amicable agreement that is in the children's best interests. However, if there is an immediate risk, mediation will not be required.

For your information the Court will take into consideration the following when making a decision regarding the application:

1.The wishes and feelings of the child concerned
2. The child’s physical, emotional and educational needs
3. The likely effect on the child if circumstances changed as a result of the courts decision
4. The child’s age, sex, backgrounds and any other characteristics which will be relevant to the court’s decision
5. Any harm the child has suffered or may be at risk of suffering
6. Capability of the child’s parents (or any other person the courts find relevant) at meeting the child’s needs
7. The powers available to the court in the given proceedings

If you have any further questions regarding this please let me know. In the meantime if you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for answering your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks again Harris,
Please allow me to consult my son and contact you on monday (22/08/16) Thank you very much for your kind valuable information, will be in touch with you soon.