How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 71135
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I have claimed income support benefit while i was self

This answer was rated:

i have claimed income support benefit while i was self employed, then additionally took employment and didn't tel to council as i was wating for my trade year end to produce accounts as i ussually did before to inform about changes, now they charging with overpayment not concidering my self employment losses for that year,
Assistant: Thank you. Can you provide any more details to help us find you the right Expert?
Customer: I am charged with overpayment of £2798, while i believe i was entitle to claim benefits as didn't earn well that year, and i believe overpayment figure do not reflect losses of self employment and calculated wrongly

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i have claimed income support while i was self employed, iduring trading year additionaly took part time employment work and didn't tell sraitght away to council by mistake as i was waiting for end of year trade when i get my figures from my accountant and report changes in my earnings as i was doing every year, but council charged me with overpayment of £2789.00 for this. I would like to challange this decition. What are my options?

On what basis please?

This will be the amount that you have been paid from the DWP.

Jo C. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am not satisfied with the answers