How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7072
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

My wife has to attend court to defend a disputed credit card

This answer was rated:

Hello. My wife has to attend court to defend a disputed credit card debt. If I go with her, will the judge allow me to speak on her behalf if she so requests? If so, will she have to do anything other than simply make this request to the judge? Thank you.

You can, with the judge's permission speak for her. This is common and you will be acting as her "McKenzie friend".

This is the term for a friend who is the advocate for another.

Your wife would not have to speak further unless you need her to give evidence about something that happened where you cannot rely on documentation

Best regards


Michael Holly and other Law Specialists are ready to help you