How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My son has been called to the Magistrates Courts because his

This answer was rated:

My son has been called to the Magistrates Courts because his previous partner does
not agree with the sum the CSA has asked him to pay. He has always paid his maintenance payments to her, for her daughter, who is now nearly 16. He is distraught and is on a War Pension, and has very little other money. Now this case is hanging over him and he has Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome since leaving the forces. I do not know what to do to help him

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What is the CSA assessment?

What application has actually been made?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
CSA is Child Support Agency run by the Government.
An application has been made because the mother of his child says she does not have enough income
go keep her daughter and that the father should pay more.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The amount he pays was decided by the CSA on his present financial position. He does have a mortgage etc and is on a War Pension.

My apologies - I meant how much is the assessment (I do know what it is)

Are you aware that the site charges more for a phone call?

Clare and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

I note that a colleague has phoned you.

I hope that you were told that since your son has a basic award due to the War Pension his ex is entitled to make a claim to "top up" the maintenance to the going rate of 12% of his gross income

Please ask if you need further details