How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I advanced £3000 in cash to Arbmasters - a company owned by

Customer Question

I advanced £3000 in cash to Arbmasters - a company owned by Johnny D. Leeming. This was to purchase materials to rebuild a wall that was starting to deteriorate in my drive. The work started but it was never going to be satisfactory as it soon became evident that they did not have a clue what they were trying to do. I called a halt to the job after two days before it had progressed too far. Mr. Leeming( who is a Tree Surgeon) was very upset and angry words were exchanged - I offered to pay him what I owed on production of receipts and asked him to return my money. He refused and I realised that he had spent it but he promised to return in a week to discuss the situation. That was three months ago and he has, until recently, refused to speak to me on the phone and I then found his e-mail address and e-mailed him re: my money but he, at first, ignored me but when I said I would have to take him to court he responded by saying"Fine, that is probably the best way forward for you". Of course I now realise why he is so laid back about my threat as he knows I do not have his address and whilst I have explored every avenue I cannot find any trace of him or his Business. Is there anything further I can do, under the circumstances, to get my money back.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

So you have any address details for him whatsoever?