How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am renting a property privately. There are issues

This answer was rated:

I am renting a property privately. There are issues concerning the safety of the property which mean I no longer want to reside here. The landlord is refusing to address the electrical safety of the property - there has been one electrical fire, and I can no longer use the oven due to a fault. My daughters bedroom is off the kitchen and I am very concerned for her safety if there is another fire.
can I leave the property and not be liable for the rent until the end of the contract term?
Environmental health have been and can issue notice of health and safety breaches.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Did Environemntal Heath say it was not fit to live in?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are doing a full inspection next week but she was certain my daughters bedroom will be deemed prohibited from use. I am unsure where I stand legally as the landlord is clearly in breach of contract.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have paid for a call but never reviewed one.

What is your number and I can call?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sent the details privately, but I am at work for another hour - is it ok to phone then?

Yes but I will need your number. Send it again so I can see it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. Just come back here and let me know when you want me to call