How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34889
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Can I apply to have the date of my Decree Nisi brought

Customer Question

Can I apply to have the date of my Decree Nisi brought forward? I am submitting a D11 to expedite my Decree Absolute as I am 31 weeks pregnant and want to marry before the child arrives.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further informtaion first

When is the date of the Decree Nisi?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Clare,It's the 6th September.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You may be able to have the Decree Nisi brought forward by a week if you ask the court to do so - and given that you wish the time for Decree Absolute to be abridged they may well be quite willing to do it

Please ask if you need further details