How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

How can I have my car back? - In January the gearbox broke

This answer was rated:

How can I have my car back?
- In January the gearbox broke down – Reconditioned Gearboxes LTD – paid £975 – Warranty 12 month.
- In July the clutch broke down – Clutch services - paid £750 – Warranty 24 month.
After 3 days (200 miles) – clutch broke down again.
- Clutch services engineer said , the gearbox is wrong.
- Take the gearbox and send it to Reconditioned Gearboxes LTD.
- After 10 days they don’t came back to me.
I am between two specialist what do not take responsibility for they warranty.
Ion Nistor

Hello Ion my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you know why they can't sort it out between themselves?

Have they spoken to each other?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ash,
Tank you for your help.I did tried to put them in contact but initially the Gearbox reconditions company asked me to fill out a form online for the warranty claim. After 4 days I called them again to check the how the process is running and they asked me to wait until they have further information about. Today is there are 10 days since I last heard from them and the mechanics from the other company looking after the clutch told me that something is not right as they take to much time to fix it and also they can't keep my car anymore in their garage as they are very busy. I sent another email to them asking about any updates but it looks like they ignored it once again. Please advice what to do next. Thank you!

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

You should issue proceedings against BOTH the dealer and warranty company

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you