How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I live in Ontario Canada. I bough binary options from a

This answer was rated:

I live in Ontario Canada. I bough binary options from a company called that have their office address listed as Hitchin, Hertfordshire, England but their registered business is in The Marshall Islands , I made a number of trades over the internet with them. To make the story short after I decided to close the account (with over $4000.00us) in it and to withdraw the money they refuesed.
I tried time and time again to withdraw the money but they refuesed to send it to me,so I would like to get my money through the courts. The big question is Can I do this over the internet or otherwise using the small claims courts system in London?.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Have you complained to Action Fraud or anyone yet please?

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I did not contact Action Fraud or anyone else

Ok - I would do that.

You also need to report it to your local Police.

You can also issue a County Court claim here in the UK:

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you be calling me by 'phone? You do know that I live in Ontario Canada,When You say County Court is that the Same as Provisional court,

You would be suing them in the UK. That is the county court here

I am from the UK - do you want me to call you in Canada?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can call you if you wish. I will need your number

I can call you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1+9056193260.Sorry I do not know the prefix for Canada


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Re: Order #16589422-690 The answer I received from You recommended Logging in to so I did that and was disappointed to see that one of the questions stated, that to be qualified to use the service you Had To Have a UK address.
As I stated in my original questionnaire I live in Ontario Canada.
Please let me know how I get around that in order to use the program?.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir/Madam The 'phone number you gave me (1(###) ###-#### did not work so please give me another one. Remember I live in Ontario Canada.
Sincerely, Bernard *****
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sir/Madam, I did not receive any solution to my problem or an alternative course
to take. Can you please let me know is there another way to deal with this.
Sincerely, *****

You can issue a claim using form n1

Send that to the court and they can issue the claim for you.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.