How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My neighbour is trying to widen the road going to his

This answer was rated:

My neighbour is trying to widen the road going to his property. To this end he has dug a trench and laid a pipe on my land. I have enlisted the help of a solicitor through my household insurance. Unfortunately this is a very slow process, so I was wondering about taking action myself. Is it legal for me to remove the kerb stones and stones in the trench he has dug and put them back on his land?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Has your Solicitor suggested getting an injunction to stop the work at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he has not. This has been dragging on for over a year and my neighbour is about to tarmac the road hence my question about me removing the kerb stones.

OK - you can remove them as long as you do NOT damage them.

So yes, you can remove the kerb stones.

You can also seek an injunction to stop the work. You can do this using form N208:

And N16a:

The court will set the matter down and decide whether to make an order stopping him doing the work.

If the court makes such an order and he breaks it, this could be contempt of Court which he may be warned, fined or sent to prison

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you