How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Holly Your Own Question
Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7072
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
Type Your Law Question Here...
Michael Holly is online now

My mother sold her house and bought a house in France to

This answer was rated:

My mother sold her house and bought a house in France to live with my sister and her husband. The house was put into my sister's and her husband's names and there was a letter of kinds from a solicitor that talked of a loan. My sister has been paying back the money to my mother £450 a month but now there is a possibility that mum will need more care and so more capital. My sister won't communicate. How do we stand in law?

If your sister is paying off the loan at a certain rate then she has the argument that whilst your mum's position is unfortunate her obligation is to continue pay the loan at that rate and she has no obligation to pay more just because the position has changed.

Best regards


Michael Holly and other Law Specialists are ready to help you