How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am a US citizen. I arrived in the UK 200 and have

Customer Question

I am a US citizen. I arrived in the UK 200 and have indefinite leave to stay (marriage)
Last December I was sentenced in UK court and am serving our a 12 month suspended sentence on probation.
My probation officer said I could go back to the states to live (divorce) but the only thing keeping me here is she wants to KNOW that the US will let me enter the country.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Do you still have a US passport?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Was supposed to say arrived 2001
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then as a US Citizen yes the USA will let you enter the country.

There is no information sharing on convictions between the UK and USA. So if you do not declare it, there is no way they will know.

So yes, you can enter the US. But even as a USA citizen then they can not refuse entry.

Its your country!
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?