How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am acting with authority from my daughter who has been in

This answer was rated:

I am acting with authority from my daughter who has been in a rented flat for 2 weeks and the landlord has now sold the building due to ill health!!!! Landlord personal friend of lettings director!!!!! Conflict of interest. The landlord agreed in writing to pay fees for early vacation- period in property from 17 June-12 August-. My daughter has moved into new property on12 August. Still awaiting outstanding balance of rent owed by landlord plus said fees. Numerous calls have been made to be told can't reach landlord.
Please advise
Kind Regards
B Sims
Please advise
B Sims

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

How much is owing to your daughter please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
312 pounds in fees and a balance of rent calculated at 550 rent pcm for period 13/8/16-16/8/16.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thanks Ash, this is what I thought, just wanted clarification. Your advice has been very helpful.
Kind RegardsBeverley Sims

Good luck Beverley.