How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I'm a Singaporean living in Singapore. I bought two beer

This answer was rated:

Hi, I'm a Singaporean living in Singapore. I bought two beer manufacturing machines from a Startup company from Belfast UK in Dec 2014. They have failed to deliver the goods and after many attempts to contact them, the company agreed to refund my money in full. a few months ago. However, they have not refunded or attempted to communicate back. I have already sent the founder a final email stating that I would like to resolve this issue in a amicable manner but he has not replied me in over 2 weeks.
What can I do next?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much did you pay for the pumps please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Thanks for your help. I have attached the invoice for the two machines and delivery to Singapore.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can it be sent via email? or delivered via post? The company doesn't seem to have a proper department or person who I can contact so who should I address the letter to? Will a signed email to the CEO/founder be acceptable ?

Yes it can be done by post. You could also contact Action Fraud:

Does that clarify?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks for your help. Have a great day.

Good luck.