How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I paid £1,000 for my 16yr old daughters hair extensions in

Customer Question

i paid £1,000 for my 16yr old daughters hair extensions in June 2016. I also bought all of the products, include brush (additional £100) as advised by the salon in order to take good care of them, however within 2 days some of the extensions began to fall out. Over a period of 2 weeks a total of 20 extensions had fallen out. I contacted the salon who informed me that though they would expect a couple to come lose, 20 was excessive. I requested that they remove them in total because my daughter's hair was a mess and they agreed to carry out the work and send on the extensions to their supplier for investigation. I have just made contact with the salon regarding the results of this and they have refused to return my money and the hair extensions because they said "...they could not afford the hit on this...".
Can you please advise how i can proceed in order to recover my money? And if this would be worth my while financially.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How did you pay for hair extensions please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please cancel my subscription as you are not providing me with an answer unless i accept your offer to charge a further £44!!!!. I would also like my £37 back paid via paypal.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Its an additional service, some people prefer a telephone call.

We can continue online if you prefer that, it was just an option for you

I did ask for more information - How did you pay for hair extensions please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid via mastercard
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

However if you paid by CREDIT CARD then your bank is also jointly liable under S.75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974, therefore your card issuer may also be able to dispute this for you.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer 3, 4 or 5 starts before you leave today.

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you.

Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help.