How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2851
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I've been separated for 14months and have been told I need

This answer was rated:

I've been separated for 14months and have been told I need to remove my work tools from the shed which is still part of the family home where my 2young children live. I dont need access through the house and still pay half the mortgage. What are my rights?
Thank you

Hi, thank you for confirming. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Are you married?

-If so, has there been a divorce?

-Has there been a court approved financial agreement?

-Is the home in joint names, if not in whose name?

-Are there any orders against you preventing a return to the family home?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we are still married, the house is in joint names. There has been no court financial agreement and no orders against me preventing me from returing to the home

Thanks for confirming. As the home is in joint names and there are no orders excluding your use or entry to the home you have a legal right to occupy and use the home and therefore would be entitled to keep your tools there.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and other Law Specialists are ready to help you