How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My house has a VERY large tree overhanging our garden and

Customer Question

My house has a VERY large tree overhanging our garden and some of the branches are within 3 -4 meters from touching the house . The tree is by the the side of the road we live on Delamer Rd and is the responsibility / property of Trafford Council .
We have two problems with the tree . The first is every Autumn , vast quantities of leaves fall off the tree onto the roof and block the gutters and we spend vast amounts of time clearing up leaves and I do mean Vast amounts of time !!!!!
The second is the loss of light due to the massive canopy the tree has now . In the Winter it's even worse!!!!!!
When we contacted Trafford Council they said ," they have NO money to spend on the trees
at present". The is a SERIOUS problem with the state of the pavements whe the leaves are
Wet and slippery in Winter !!!!! The whole attitude of the Council is poor service for the RATE PAYERS ......
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Have you made a formal complaint to the Council at all please?