How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 12183
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Social work scotland.domestic violence in the home.ex

Customer Question

Social work scotland.domestic violence in the home.ex partner moved out,social work has called numerous times over last 24 days.I have explained ex partner had supervised access to young son.was told recommendation would be no further action 10 days ago.yesterday was told new imformation had come to light.The social work had phned my home and my 16 year old son work said this was my ex partner answering phone and would report back to child protection.No action has taken place except phone calls from social worker writing report,hasnt even bern to my home,or met children.where do i stand,i feel im being harrassed,with no clear answers to their intentions?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Is the supervised access continuing? Where does it take place? What is the social workers' intention? Is there a child protection order in place or are they just monitoring the position with your ex?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Supervised access,place not been idea of intention,was told ten days ago a report would be written stating no further action,if monitoring then surely they should state time limit?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No order or intervention or plan in place
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have also stated to social work that i would continue with supervised access with ex partner,domestic violence is drink related n i have assured them i phone ahead and check he is sober.i feel they think i am lying
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Why would they think you're lying?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No idea,would just like to know where i stand legally?i have no clear understanding of their intentions but they must have policies and procedures that i can hold then accountable for?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.

Unless there is any order for supervision or similar, you can legally do what you consider to be in the best interests of your family. Given the situation they will probably stay in contact with you and think that they are helping even when they are in fact not being helpful, such as them accusing you of having your ex in the house when in fact it was your son who answered the phone. I would suggest that that may be worthy of a formal complaint which would demonstrate that you aren't going to be intimidated by them and that may cause them to back away from their present interference. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.