How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am a 62 yr old male with 45% hearing loss and should wear

This answer was rated:

I am a 62 yr old male with 45% hearing loss and should wear hearing aids but can't be bothered. I work part time now and am home every evening and sometimes during the day. I have become annoyed at the increasing anti social behaviour of young drivers in the vicinity, some live here or others are passing through. Their vehicles are modified with loud exhausts (straight through) excessive speed and extremely loud sound systems which emit high volume very low frequency sound that feels as though my entire property is vibrating. The road I live in is used as a rat run also. I have a camera fitted to my car and am quite happy for it to record these young men and their anti social behaviour and other offences which I believe are contrary to the law in respect of undeclared modification to their vehicle nullifying their car insurance policy.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you reported this to the Police please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not yet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to know if there are available laws that prohibit noise nuisance from vehicles affecting domestic dwellings inhabitants at any time of the day or night.

There is, under the Environmental Protection Act. What you need to do is speak to the Council, they will install noise monitoring equipment to see if it is above the permitted limit.

That limit varies from Council to Council - for example the permitted noise level in a quiet hamlet is going to be different from that in a city centre.

Once you have the noise levels and assuming it is above that you could seek an injunction to stop it.

You would need to complete forms N208:

And N16a:

The Court would list the matter and decide whether to grant an injunction.

If the court does and these people continue to breach it, then that could be contempt of Court and they may be warned, fined, or sent to prison
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou, that is all.

Good luck.