How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My ex let herself in to my flat and removed her things when

This answer was rated:

My ex let herself in to my flat and removed her things when I wasn't there I asked her to wait as I wanted police there but she didn't now my birth certificate has gone missing and she has taken all the things that I bought for the wedding... Where do I stand?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Do you have evidence those things belong to your.

@ you @

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought most things from eBay using my card
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wedding dress, her son's suit etc

Ok. You need to write and ask for the items back or the cost of doing so within 7 days or say you will go to court.

Then you can decide what you want to do. If you just want the cost you can issue a money claim who can be done online at

If you want the items back you need to complete form n1

The court will set the matter down for a hearing and decide whether to order the items are returned.

But those are the options. Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah, was it legal for her to enter my flat without my permission even though she had a set of keys

No. Potentially it's burglary but the police will consider this a civil matter.

Does that clairfy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.

Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

My name is Clare and I have been a solicitor for more than 30 years.

In fact what she has done is Theft and the police will treat it as such

If you have evidence that you paid for items that she removed from your house then you can and should report the matter.

Sadly you will not be able to recover your Birth Certificate in this way as it will be harder to prove