How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

A council enforcement officer has used the premises of my

This answer was rated:

a council enforcement officer has used the premises of my shop to observe others who are off my shop premises

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

What would you like to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this was done without my knowledge or consent, the enforcement was pretending to view my books that are on display outside whilst watching someone smoking a ciggy in their car on the opposite side of the road to my shop.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does does not concern me that the person smoking was issued a fixed penalty notice for discarding his cig end, what does concern me is the underhand manner in which the enforcement officer used my premises

Have you complained to the council?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am in process of doing so, the question is are they allowed to do this and if if it ever occurred again would i be entitled to call the police and have them removed for trespass

You are permitted to have who you want or not want in your shop. The police don't need to remove them but you can ask them to go.

It's not illegal what they are doing but morally it's wrong.

But you can ask them to leave.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you for answers ASH