How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am a council tenant and was a tenant for twenty years

Customer Question

I am a council tenant and was a tenant for twenty years before I married. My husbands name is ***** ***** the tendency and our marriage is hell does he have the right to remain here or can I give him a time to leave
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you

I am afraid that your husband has matrimonial home rights in the property and you cannot force him to leave unless there is a Court Order as a result of violence; you have a DEcree Absolute of divorce; of the court deals with who should stay within the financial side of a divorce

Please ask if you need further details