How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask propertylawyer Your Own Question
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 288
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
Type Your Law Question Here...
propertylawyer is online now

We wish to grant the right for our neighbour to build an

Customer Question

We wish to grant the right for our neighbour to build an extension at some stage in the future that can butt up to our existing extension, rather than have a small awkward gap.
How can we word a simple covenant that will achieve this ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.


As your properties will abut each other it would be appropriate to have a party wall agreement. A party wall surveyor can draw up an appropriate agreement.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We don't know enough details of their proposals as yet to have a party wall agreement. We just wish to affirm our agreement to let them adjoin our extension as they have allowed us to build to the boundary.How do we word a contract to do this that can be places as a restriction on our title deed.Thanks