How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

I own my home (mortgage free) in which I have lived with my

Customer Question

I own my home (mortgage free) in which I have lived with my children for the last 10 years. I also have a significant sum of money invested in a personal pension. My long-term partner is now looking to move in with me. In the event of my death I want my assets to pass to my children and made a will to this effect several years' ago. My partner has assets of his own, although not quite as much as mine, and we have always kept our finances separate. If my partner does now move in, will he be able to make any claim against my assets, either by contesting my will or in the event of us separating etc?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question are you married to your partner?