I have a mental health disorder, schizoaffective disorder. I

I have a mental health disorder, schizoaffective disorder. I drove whilst my license was revoked and had an accident. How will the law look on this?

Why were you revoked?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For a relapse in my condition.

You mean the DVLA revoked on medical grounds?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
trying to argue that I wasn't aware of the DVLA letter, but have a court case in november. getting worried

Well, it doesn't matter whether you were aware or not.

The point is that you were revoked. If you were revoked and you were trying then that is driving without a licence and that will invalidate your insurance.

You are not disqualified so it is not as bad as it could be. But you were revoked.

It is an offence of strict liability so if you were revoked then there is no defence.

I would plead guilty to reduce costs.

It will only carry points and a fine. Although the costs order will be much higher if you contest this and lose.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will my mental health be called into question. Or will it just be points. Scared of the stigma of mental illness

No, it is not an issue in the case really.

There is just one issue and that is whether you were revoked.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. That was a really helpful answer