How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask propertylawyer Your Own Question
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 288
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
Type Your Law Question Here...
propertylawyer is online now

My father owns his own home and i am in his will to iherit

This answer was rated:

hi my father owns his own home and i am in his will to iherit it. he has a girl living at the house who is just a friend he took pity on her as she fell out with her parents and said she could stay in his home. she does not pay anything towards the home. and is not family. if anything happens to my father what are my right to ask her to move out? after all my family would like to live there when he passes away

It is advisable for your father to enter into a lodgers agreement with the girl to avoid issues further down the line. This agreement gives no rights of occupation. It can state in the agreement that it can be terminated on 2 weeks notice and will absolutely determine upon your father's death.

Do you have any questions or queries in respect of my answer? I am happy to assist further.

Please can I kindly request that you accept /positive rate my assistance otherwise the website will not pay me for assisting you. Many thanks.

Why the negative rating?

propertylawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you