How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Buachaill Your Own Question
Buachaill, Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10955
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Buachaill is online now

I am indian export company and supplied goods to UK company

Customer Question

I am indian export company and supplied goods to UK company on credit basis and now UK company received goods but not paying the money so what action can i take to recover my money?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Hello, you should initially instruct an English solicitor to formally write to the English company and demand payment. Failing payment or some offer of payment within 21 days, you should instruct the English solicitor to sue them for the money which they owe you. Ultimately, you should proceed to judgment as quickly as possible. Otherwise you run the risk that the company will go bankrupt before they pay you.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. In a situation where goods have supplied but not paid for, a court will get summary judgment quite quickly. So, the sooner you get proceedings issued, the quicker you will get your money.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

3. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.