How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32426
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

As a flat owner in a block that has a home owners

Customer Question

As a flat owner in a block that has a home owners association which is managed by another owner on a "voluntary " basis, am I entitled to have a copy of the accounts? What legal documents is the association required to provide to Companies House and/or Inland Revenue?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Do you want the service charge accounts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I just want to know what documentation I am entitled to view and what are the legal responsibilities of the of the home owners association.