How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask propertylawyer Your Own Question
propertylawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 288
Experience:  Property Solicitor with expertise in commercial and residential property transactions.
Type Your Law Question Here...
propertylawyer is online now

Iv just moved into a bungalow its detached and next doors

Customer Question

Iv just moved into a bungalow its detached and next doors bungalow is on my boundary line and her fence Carrys on from her property. Her TVs ariel and sky dish is over my land- boundary and bird droppings are constant on my garden. How do I stand legally to get her to move it to the other side of her property so the ariel is going onto her roof ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Anything which crosses the boundary is trespass unless there is a specific right of over hang. If there is no specific right in the deeds to the property the neighbour could have acquired a right if over hang if the the dish and aerial have been there for at least 20 years, this is a prescriptive right.

It is your neighbour who must prove they have the right as opposed to you proving that they do not.

You can write to the neighbour to state the dish and aerial over hang which is trespass and must be removed. If the neighbour refuses you may have to get a court order.

Any questions or queries?

Expert:  propertylawyer replied 1 year ago.

Can I assist further? If so, do cone back to me. Happy to assist further.

Please can I kindly request that you accept /positive rate my reply otherwise the website will not pay me for assisting you. Many thanks.