How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ukvisasolutions Your Own Question
ukvisasolutions, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 67
Experience:  Immigration Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
ukvisasolutions is online now

Im a uk national and sponsored an unmarried indian. He has

This answer was rated:

Im a uk national and sponsored an unmarried indian. He has been granted leave to remain until 2018. He now is planning to marry an indian national is he in breech of his visa? Hes currently in india arrenging his marrage. I am no longer in a relationship with him.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can he be stopped at immigration and returned to india? I have submitted an online form and uploaded his visa and passport
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please il wait for the answer. Thankyou.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Thank you for your patience,

Hi, thank you for your query.

As your ex-partner was granted leave to enter as a partner of a British national (you), his leave will only be valid as long as he is with you.

As your relationship has now ended, he had a duty to inform the Home Office:

All you can do, which you have done already, is to inform the Home Office that you are longer together.

Your ex-partner is most likely going to have a problem when he returns to the UK either at the airport, where his leave to enter will be cancelled and possibly remove him back to India.

Or if he passed through Immigration, as he is no longer with you, he will receive a letter from Home Office cancelling his leave due to the change of circumstances in this matter.

Also, just as a side note, he cannot sponsor his wife from India as he does not have Indefinite leave to remain or is a British Citizen.

Thank you for your question and please do not forget to rate my answer.


ukvisasolutions, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 67
Experience: Immigration Solicitor
ukvisasolutions and 3 other Law Specialists are ready to help you