How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

We ordered a fitted bedroom from Sharps at our home. The

This answer was rated:

We ordered a fitted bedroom from Sharps at our home. The salesman repeatedly reassured us that we had 3 months in order to change our minds. We decided to cancel but realised we had gone over the 14 day cooling off period by 5 days. I spoke to a Sharps colleague who talked me through the process. She was very helpful and said there would be no problem. As requested I sent a confirmation email. As I have had not heard anything I have tried to get more information but for some reason emails to the colleague are bouncing back.
Where do we stand?

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Have they confirmed anything in writing please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not yet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told that my credit card would be credited within 10 days. To date that hasn't happened but they still have a few more days to do so.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to take the offer of the telephone will you still be able to help me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I only get advice by using the telephone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I need to do to get a written response

Apologies for the delay. How much are you owed from the company?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ash
The contract was for £8265. Since I sent my previous questions I have spoken to the company and they have agreed to refund the full amount within the next two days. They apologised for the delay. So I will hold my breath until the funds are credited back.
Thank you

This is what you should do just in case Jacqaline.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ash
That is certainly useful information. I am awaiting an email from the compnay confirming the cancellation. If it does not appear I will take your advise and see what transpires.

All the best. If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.

Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you