How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

I am about to sublease an industrial unit for the reminmder

This answer was rated:

I am about to sublease an industrial unit for the reminmder of the lease - 12 months. I have been sent all the paperwork plus a statutory declaration saying the the sub lease is not under the protection of the Lnadlord and Tenant act. Firstly is this pretty standard on a sub lease? Also I have to get it signed by someone empowered to administer oaths. Can this be fast and online? Thanks. Kieran Tomes

Hello Kieran my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Generally this means that you dont have a right to renew being out of the Act.

There are also some other protections which you would not get,

But being outside the Act is not unusual for commercial leases.

As for signature, it does not have to be by someone to administer oaths, unless it says,

Usually just a witness is fine.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your swift reply,The declaration says it must be someone empowered to administer oaths so I will have to approach a local solicitor I assume?

Yes that is fine. Any local Solicitor on the High Street can do this

You can find a local one here:

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
perfect, thanks for your help

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.

Ash and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you