How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Alex J. Your Own Question
Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 3844
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
Type Your Law Question Here...
Alex J. is online now

I have sent a formal letter to an ex tenant requesting

This answer was rated:

I have sent a formal letter to an ex tenant requesting payment of outstanding rent. I intend to go to small claims court. The letter was sent recorded delivery but they refused to accept it. The post office left a card and sent it back after one month. Has it been "delivered" for my claim to proceed?

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. No this would not count as valid service. You are not required under the Civil Procedure Rules to use recorded delivery. You can send it by first class post and delivery is assumed within 48hrs of the date of delivery. You will need to resend it to the address on the claim form. Kind regards AJ

Alex J. and other Law Specialists are ready to help you