How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 32086
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice
Type Your Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now

My house has for the last 18 months beingindergoing major

Customer Question

My house has for the last 18 months beingindergoing major repairs by the insurance company, and whilct I have had to kive in rented property, This is the second time I have been out of my house, which was affected by a sulphate attack, and my son and i were out of my house whilst repairs were efecceted for thirteen months, but, on this occasion my son and i were left homeless as notice was given to the then landlord but this left both my son and i homeless since the repairs to my house were unfinished and the house uninhabitable.
I took a selection of new light fittings to my house, I had a plan "A" and a plan "B", as the ceilings are low and i was unsure which would be the most suitable. The Contractors eletricians fitted the lights, but when they had gone they had taken with them, 2 five arm brass chandeliers, one 3 arm chandelier, 2 double wall light and 2 single wall light fittings. How do I claim compensation for the lights which have been taken? The Building company contract the electricians to do the work, can I make a claim for reparation of them? Are the elctricians responsible, or since they are contracted by the builders to do the job, are the bulders responsible.?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

How much are you seeking to claim please?